Monday, February 10, 2014

How To Use Your Eyeshadows Wet

I'm going to share a makeup tip with you. Some of you may already know this trick but I know many of you still don't, based on the comments I constantly get on instagram. If you follow me on instagram you'll notice how creamy and pigmented the eyeshadows look on my eyelids. So how do I get my eyeshadows to look like that? I apply my eyeshadows wet. Yes, wet! Did you know you many eyeshadows are made to be applied either wet or dry? It's true. To wet my eyeshadows I spray my brush with MAC's Fix + before dipping it into the eyeshadow or I sometimes spray my eyeshadow directly with the Fix +. I love using this technique because it also allows me to create a "cut crease" look without really cutting the crease. When you wet your eyeshadows they turn into a creamy paste and this gives you more control of where you want the placement of the eyeshadow. I don't wet any of my matte eyeshadows. This is only for those shimmery eyeshadows and only for the ones I use on my eyelids. This technique also helps with those eyeshadows that have a lot of fall out and the ones that have poor pigmentation. I use all my eyelid eyeshadows wet even those that are rich in pigment.

I swatched some eyeshadows for you both dry & wet so you can compare the difference.

Swatches from the Lorac Pro Palette
I don't know how well my camera captured the swatches but you can see a slight difference in opacity, pigmentation, and texture. Try it out at home and let me know your thoughts. All these eyeshadows were directly swatched on the skin without any eyeshadow primer.
Swatches from Makeup Geek Eyeshadows

1 comment:

  1. Yes I have heard of that tip before!! The color becomes absolutely beautiful & vivid!!

    http://www.cindyslittleblackbook.com

    ReplyDelete