Monday, February 10, 2014

Black Smoky Eye

Is it just me or does everyone just love a sultry smoky eye? I probably don't wear smoky eyes as much as I would like to because I love sticking to my warm tones. Once in a while I'll throw in a bright eye. This is your traditional smoky eye with a little twist. I added a beautiful pressed pigment to give the eyelids a foiled look.

This look tends to get messy especially when working with black eyeshadow. I always do my eyeshadow first and then my foundation. You can also use some Shadow Shields. They work great at catching any fall out.



First and foremost I always start with my brows. I will post a brow pictorial soon. I've mentioned this a lot but my absolute go to brow products are by Anastasia Beverly Hills.

1. Prime your eyes using your favorite primer. My go to as I've also mentioned before is Painterly Paint Pot by MAC. It is a pro longwear paint pot so it helps make the eyeshadow last longer.

2. Start with the crease. Take your favorite fluffy blending brush. I used MAC's 224 and applied Soft Brown (MAC) to the crease. This is really going to warm up the crease and help create that nice transition to the darker eyeshadows you will be using.

4. We are going to add more depth to the crease. Take a smaller blending brush (MAC 217) and the color Embark (MAC) and place that color in the deepest part of the crease. Focus the color right above the lid and try not to blend too far up.

5. If you wish to add a highlight to your brow bone, take some Vanilla eyeshadow (MAC) with a flat shader brush (MAC 242). Once you place your highlight feel free to go back in and blend everything out with MAC's 224 or any other fluffy blending brush.

6. This step is the most important as it will transform this look into the smoky eye. To really get a black smoky eye you need a good pigmented black eyeshadow. My top recommendation for this is Makeup Geek's Corrupt eyeshadow. You want to pat the eyeshadow with a flat brush. My go to brush for this step is MAC's 242 but you can use anything similar. I take a fluffy blending brush (MAC 217) and I blend some of that product up towards my crease just to create a nice transition. Once everything looks nicely blended I take MAC's pressed pigment in the color Jet Couture. I love this pressed pigment. If you want a matte black lid then skip this step. I love using my pressed pigments wet to really get that opaque pigmentation. I take the same MAC 242 brush and spray it with MAC's Fix + setting spray. Once the brush is damp I dip it into the pressed pigment. Again, patting motions work best when applying your eyeshadow onto the lid. Using the pressed pigment wet gives it a more foiled look but if you more of a glittery look I suggest you use it dry.

7. I love wearing eyeliner on every one of my looks but you can also wear this look without eyeliner. I always use MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline. I prefer flat black eyeliners. The brush I used for this is from RC Cosmetics. It doesn't have a name but it is an eyeliner brush.

8. Lashes are from Lepetit Lapin Lashes in the style Babette. I love these lashes! They are the perfect size and density and not to mention they are mink lashes.

1 comment:

  1. Loving it, so beautiful! I'd like to invite you to share your great content on Bellashoot, our users would love learning from you!

    http://bellashoot.com/ - Connecting the world of beauty

    xo

    ReplyDelete