Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Eve Makeup Look

Here is the look I created on Christmas Eve. Because I get together with my family in the evening on Christmas Eve, I wanted a dark sultry look for my eyes and lips. Normally I don't like pairing a dark eye with a dark lip but a bold lip complimented this look very well.

Alright so before I put anything on my eyes I apply my moisturizer all over my face.

 
1. On my brows I'm using Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade which I love because it reminds me of MAC's Dipdown Fluidline which is what I was using before. I like doing my brows first because it serves as a guide for my eyeshadow placement.

2. Apply your favorite primer. Mine is MAC's Painterly paint pot. I like this one because it has a nude/pink undertone and it's thicker than most primers but it makes my eyeshadow last a very long time. No joke, my eyeshadow will last me 12+ hours.

3. The first thing I do is add color to my crease. For this look I took Makeup Geek's eyeshadow in the color Latte. As I've mentioned before, I always use MAC's 224 blending brush to add my transition colors. I love this brush, haven't found anything that I like better.

4. To add more depth, take the color Mocha (Makeup Geek Eyeshadow) with MAC's 217 brush and place it in the crease as well but keep the color below Latte. You don't want to blend this color too high up because it is a darker brown shadow.

5. If you wish to add a subtle highlight to your brow bone, take the color Shroom (MAC) and softly pop it onto your brow bone. I sweep it across very lightly.

6. For my lid, I wanted a metallic look so I took Moondust (Makeup Geek) and I applied it wet using MAC's 242 brush and some Fix + also by MAC. This gives it more of a foiled look which is what I was going for.

7. To smoke out the look I added Corrupt (Makeup Geek) on the outer lid and crease.

8. The liner I used is MAC's Point Black Liquid Liner. This liner does not have a matte finish but I like that it's very black. You can always go over it with Blacktrack Fluidline to give it a matte finish.

9. My lashes are of course House of Lashes in the style Noir Fairy.

10. My lipstick is called Merlot from the brand Frankie Rose Cosmetics. This is a new brand I'm trying and I am honestly pleased with the pigmentation of the lipsticks and some of the other products that I've tried. I will post a review on their products soon.


If you don't like the red lips you can certainly substitute this look with a neutral lip.


If you would like to request a look comment down below.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. http://beautybysri.com/

    ReplyDelete