Friday, December 6, 2013

Gold Smoky Eye

I'm back with a new blog. So since I posted a holiday look yesterday, I wanted to also post another holiday inspired makeup look for those of you who like the warm tones. I actually wore this makeup for Thanksgiving but I also think it can be worn for Christmas or New Years Eve with maybe a splash of glitter on the lid.

So again, I like to start by filling in my brows first. For this look I just used MAC's Dipdown Fluidline using MAC's 266 brush. If you're looking for something similar, Anastasia Beverly Hills just came out with Dipbrow Pomades in different shades. I will post a review once I purchase those. Don't forget to set your brows with brow gel. For this look I used Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel. www.anastasia.net



For the eyes, start off by using a primer. I always use MAC's painterly paint pot. I've tried different eyeshadow primers and this one is the one I always go back to.

I start off by taking MAC's 224 blending brush and the color Soft Brown (MAC). Apply this color all over the crease and diffusing it as you blend it up towards your brow bone. To intensify the crease a bit more, take Saddle (MAC) and blend it into that Soft Brown. These colors are going to be your transition colors. Now to have a nice gradient transition from the lid to the crease, take Ground Brown (MAC pro color) with MAC's 217 brush and place it slightly right above the lid and blend it into those 2 colors you have already placed.

Now for the fun part, take Too Faced Glitter Glue (works amazing with pigments too) and take a flat shader brush. Pat that glitter glue all over your lid and take Goldilux Pigment from Sugarpill Cosmetics and place it on the lid. The glitter glue is amazing because it keeps the pigments in place and prevents any fall out. I use to wear the pigments alone and by the end of the day I had pigment fall out all over my lashes.

If you like the way it looks, you can stop here or if you want t go for the smoky look, take Urban Decay's Blackout eyeshadow from the Naked Palette 2 or if you don't have it, any matte black eyeshadow will work. This eyeshadow is very intense so a little goes a long way. I used my 219 brush (MAC) and placed it on the outer v of my eyes. Make sure to blend it very well.

For my eyeliner I use MAC's 210 brush and Blacktrack Fluidline (MAC).

Lashes are by House of Lashes in the style Noir Fairy (black).

If you like this look and would like to see more of my work make sure to check out my instagram page @muastephnicole

No comments:

Post a Comment