Thursday, December 5, 2013

Mauve Holiday Eyes

The holidays are coming up and I know most of us are looking for outfit ideas, hair styles and makeup looks. Most women go with the traditional gold or smoky eye. I've created something a bit different but very easy to do.



I always start with my brows first. I feel that by having my brows filled in, it helps frame the face and serves a guide for my eyeshadow placement.
  • Start by taking a concealer. I use MAC's NC15 and an angled brush to outline my brow. I do this step first so I know where to fill in my brow.
  • Take MAC's fluidline in Dipdown and brush 266 and draw out the outline of your brow. Once you get to the inner part of your brows, you want to release pressure off the brush to create a nice gradient effect.
  • To fill in my brows I use whatever Dipdown is left over on the brush and then I use Anastasia Beverly Hills Duo Brow Powder in medium brown. www.anastasia.net
  • Set your brows with clear brow gel to keep those hairs in place.
For the eyes always start by applying an eyeshadow primer. My favorite primer and the one I use 99% of the time is MAC's Painterly paint pot. I love the consistency of it and it doesn't crease.

  • Crease: Uninterrupted prolong wear eyeshadow (MAC) using MAC brush 224. I blend this into my crease and diffuse it blending it up to my brow bone. Next take Deep Damson (pro color) eyeshadow and place it in the crease right above the lid. Make sure not to blend too far up. You want to keep that first eyeshadow as the transition color.
  • Lid: Kitschmas pigment. I got this pigment in the MAC 2013 Holiday pigment and glitter sets. I've had my eye on it for a while so I was happy to see that it was part of the pigment/glitter sets. **Here's a tip...to avoid pigment fall out, I use Too Faced Glitter Glue and I apply the pigment over it.
  • Liner: I'm using MAC's penultimate in Rapid Black. I normally use Blacktrack but I wanted something darker and slick.
  • Bottom Liner: In my waterline I'm using infinity eye pencil from Frankie Rose Cosmetics. May I add that this liner is super soft and intense and I absolutely love it. Right below my waterline I used Pink glitter (also from the MAC holiday sets) and I adhered it using Too Faced glitter glue as well.
  • Lashes: I've been obsessing over these lashes for a while now. These are by House of Lashes and are in the style Noir Fairy (black). www.houseoflashes.com. Don't forget to add some mascara to your lashes.

That's all there is to this look. Hope you all try it out. For more looks visit my instagram page @muastephnicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment