Sunday, January 26, 2014

Makeup Geek Eyeshadows Review & Swatches

Some of you have asked me to do a review on Makeup Geek Eyeshadows and to suggest some to start off with.

Let me start off by saying that I've been loyal to MAC since I started wearing makeup. This is the first brand I started wearing all thanks to my mom for getting me hooked. I was so close minded about trying other brands. When I started watching youtube videos, makeupgeektv was the first makeup channel I started watching. Marlena inspired me so much and when I saw that she had launched her own makeup line I told myself I had to try her products.

I got around to placing my order and of course just like most people I wanted neutral colors so I ordered a lot of warm and neutral eyeshadows. My first impression was "Wow, these resemble MAC eyeshadows". I love the fact that you have the option of ordering them in the pan. They already come magnetized which is awesome because you can create your own custom palette.

The next thing I was impressed with was the pigmentation of the eyeshadows. Yes, they're very pigmented and so creamy in texture. I'm not joking when I say these eyeshadows are equally or even better than MAC's. Also, the price on the Makeup Geek eyeshadow pans are only $5.99 USD.

Now, since Makeup Geek products can only be purchased online at www.makeupgeek.com it's hard to pick what you want without being able to swatch anything. I will be recommending my favorite Makeup Geek eyeshadows and what I suggest for starters.

These are some of my favorite Makeup Geek Eyeshadows:
1. Cocoa Bear
2. Latte
3. Mocha
4. Pretentious
5. Frappe
6. Peach Smoothie

You may have seen me use most of these in some of my looks. Like I said, these are very pigmented and I have swatched them for you without any primer or eyeshadow base.

Just imagine how much more beautiful these look over an eyeshadow base. You can find more swatches of these eyeshadows on the Makeup Geek website at www.makeupgeek.com. I hope you found this blog useful. I promise you wont regret your Makeup Geek purchases.



1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to get some of these eyeshadows, what colors would you recommend the most for that blending/transitional effect on the crease? I'm looking for a light and dark color (I'm an NC25-30)

    ReplyDelete