Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Skin Care Tips & My Skin Care Routine

Before I share my skin care tips and daily skin care routine, let me say that I held back on posting on this subject until I noticed results in my skin. I've never had bad skin but I've had problems with break outs here and there. My biggest problem were comedones. I would get them all over my cheeks and chin. For those of you who don't know what comedones are, it's a more technical word for black/white heads. This made me insecure about my skin and covering it up with makeup made it even worse. Though I'm only 25, I'm always worried about wrinkles, sun spots, dark circles and everything else that comes along with aging.

Keep in mind that the way you eat has a lot to do with the appearance of your skin. Smoking & too much alcohol can contribute to poor skin health. I don't have a problem with that since I don't smoke or drink. One thing that has been a challenge for me is giving up caffeine. I've read that caffeine can also contribute to the development of acne. Since I'm a big coffee drinker, I'm not willing to give that up so I had to compromise with myself and give up soda. I've also changed my diet and the way I eat. I'm eating more vitamins and a lot of green foods and drinking plenty of water. Since then, I can say my skin health has improved beyond my expectations.

I wear makeup almost every day especially since I work in a professional environment. It's rare that I have a day off to let my skin breathe. Before I go to bed at night, I remove all of my makeup with a Neutrogena makeup remover wipe. For the past month I've been using the Vitagoods Spin for Perfect Skin brush along with some new cleansers I purchased. I can't tell you if it's the brush I use, the cleansers I've been using, or a combination of both that have contributed to my healthy skin because I use them together. The first cleanser/exfoliator I began using is the Paul Thomas Roth beta hydroxy acid 2% wash. I heard mixed reviews on this exfoliator, both good and bad. I have oily skin and this product may work differently on everyone. I did not find that this product dried me out like most people said it would. After the first use it left my skin feeling very soft and fresh. After 2 weeks of using this product, I did not see a significant difference in my skin so I wanted to try something else. I purchased the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and daily moisturizing lotion. I've heard so many good reviews on Cetaphil so I wanted to try it out. I've been using it for a week now and it's made a significant difference in my skin. For my morning skin care routine I use the cleanser and moisturizer.

Twice a week a use a peel off mask that I've been loving. I mentioned this product in my January Favorites blog post. It is the Boscia luminizing black mask. This mask is awesome because it's so easy to use. After I wash my face I apply it and leave it on for 20 minutes while I watch TV or while I'm on the computer. Once it's dry I peel it off. It's cool and kind of gross at the same time, because you can see the mask pulling out dead skin, impurities and excess oil. Over time and with constant use this mask will help the skin feel less oily, brighter and softer.

I am also working on scheduling regular facials to help with the up keep of my skin.

If you want to purchase the Vitagoods brush at a discounted price go to www.vanityplanet.com and use code m2spin at checkout for 70% off plus free shipping.

*I recommend everyone does their research on every product before purchasing. Every product has its pros and cons and will work differently on everyone. There are reviews all over the internet for all kinds of skin care products.

1 comment: